Luxury Hotel in Piedmont - Italy
Rare property in a high-demand village centered in Italy’s most renowned Barolo vineyards, with breath-taking views over the vineyards and the Alpes.
Dating back to the middle ages, the highest priority of the current owners – who took care of the restoration – was to preserve the original identity of the building, which is very rich in history. At the same time, the interior designer created a unique spot in the Langhe.
The house is spread over a total surface of about 385 sq.m., comprising 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, integrated kitchen-living room (40 m2) on the top floor, ancient dining room with separate kitchen (ground floor), covered terrace, 2 wine cellars. The top floor kitchen is furnished with Gaggenau equipment, while the ground floor kitchen is furnished with all chromed professional equipment.
The Palazzo is composed of 4 suites:
– “La Piazza d’Assi” can accommodate up to 5 guests and it is located on the top floor. It is composed of 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and an open-plan kitchen/living room.
– “La Suite del Forno” can accommodate up to 4 guests and it is located on the ground floor, featuring a living room, a kitchen, 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.
– “La Suite del Giudice” is very romantic with intact ceilings from the middle age. It develops on 2 floors, comprising a bathroom on the ground floor, while on the first floor there are a cozy living room and a bedroom.
– “La Suite del Pianista” is very colorful and provides exceptional views over the Alps and the vineyards. It comprises a wonderful living room, 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom.
All suites enjoy an independent entrance and all three floors can be controlled independently also for electricity and heating.
The whole building was restored to the highest standards: all windows have double-insulation, with three-ways opening system; top floor windows all with in-glass-integrated shades.
For the lighting, an innovative LED-lightening system has been used.
The walls are naturally insulated, due to the ancient structure (cool in the Summer, warm in Winter).
The ancient structure of the Palazzo dates back to middle ages, a time when the Cathars occupied the high abode of the castle in Monforte d’Alba. The first mention is around 1020.
An evidence of the original building is represented by the three Gothic arches on the front side.
The top floor of the building has always been open to the people and was used as a sort of covered market.
In the 1700s, the town of Monforte d’Alba acquired the building and modified it, transforming the second floor into a prison.
More or less during the same years, a big bread oven was built on the ground floor, which became available to all households in the village and remained operational until 1963. Unfortunately, the oven could not be recovered during the reconstruction of the Palazzo.
“La Suite Il Forno” was created with vivid colors, in memory to numerous fires lit in the
In 2012, the building was purchased and fully restored by the current owners, with the purpose to give it a new life.
The Palazzo is situated in the center of the old town of Monforte d’Alba, accessible by car, with breathtaking views over the Alps and vineyards. The neighborhood is quiet in the ancient part of the Monforte d’Alba village and everybody is happy to lend a helping hand if required.
Monforte d’Alba is one of the most vibrant villages in the Langhe, UNESCO’s cultural heritage and it is located just 1 hour from Torino’s International airport and 30 min from Alba, the renowned capital of white truffle.
EPC Certificate: Ordered
Why Buy It
This ancient Palazzo has a high flexibility in usage due to modular architecture. The building can be used as:
– Private home (with minor modifications)
– Boutique hotel with four luxurious suites, breakfast-dining room and reception (hotel management and staff potentially available, business plan developed)
– Mixed approach with the top floor to be used as a private apartment (Piazza d’Assi) and the two middle floors as boutique hotel with three luxurious suites, all with independent access.
The Langhe is a very sought for tourist destination: every year thousands of people arrive to enjoy the beautiful views over the vineyards, relax, taste some good food and go for wine tours. Monforte offers a few nice bars, winemakers, osterias and all you need to live a happy life.
- PROPERTY: Hotel
- SIZE (sq.m.): 385
- ROOMS: 15
- BEDROOMS: 5
- BATHROOMS: 5
- LAND / GARDEN: No
- GARAGE: No
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ANNEXES: No
- CONDITION: Excellent
- POSITION: Town
- CITY / TOWN: Monforte D'Alba
- PROVINCE: Cuneo
- REGION: Piedmont
- ACCESS: Paved road
- ELECTRICITY: Yes
- WATER: Yes
- TELEPHONE: No
- INTERNET: Yes
- GAS: Yes
- HEATING: Yes
- Disable Friendly: No
- OTHER: Rental Property
Services: 0 km
Alba: 18 kms
Turin: 70 kms
International Airport of Turin: 85 kms
Barolo: 4,5 kms
Cuneo: 48 kms
Alessandria: 78 kms
Gran Paradiso National Park: 132 kms
Sestriere: 128 kms
Sauze d'Oulx: 140 kms
Bardonecchia: 148 kms