Luxury Country House in Marche - Italy
Right outside the medieval village of Potenza Picena, at the end of a white road, hidden amongst pines and olive trees, a beautifully restored country house discloses.
Two big olive trees welcome you and show you the way to the house, whose total area is 190 sq.m. on 2 floors and a mezzanine. The building is divided as follows:
– Ground floor: big living area. The main door leads you directly to the wide lounge with fireplace. On your left, divided by a row of arches, you can find the kitchen and dining room. Here a big french window leads out to the big portico, where you can enjoy alfresco dinners with your guest. On this floor, there is also a bathroom which, according to tradition, was built out of the perimeter of the house (but still accessible from inside). The floor is in cotto tiles. The ceiling has been left as it was originally: half with barrel vaults and half with original wood beams. Also the lamps are original and they are characterized by the old pulley system to set the hight of the lamp. An iron and wood staircase, leads you to the first floor.
– First floor: it can be accessed both by the internal staircase and via the external stone staircase, which is the original one. Although it’s a sleeping area, you can find a nice lounge, where you can relax before going to sleep or that you can use as a reading area, far from the living room on the ground floor. Here the are 3 big bedrooms and a bathroom with shower. The views from the windows are overlooking the surrounding countryside, which is mainly planted with vineyards changing colours each season, from green in the spring to deep red during autumn.
– Mezzanine: from the lounge, you can access the mezzanine, where you can find a small living area, a bedroom and a bathroom.
The property sits on a 3.650 sq.m land with private well and 30 olive trees. From the garden, you can enjoy a beautiful view over the multicoloured countryside of region Marche.
There is the possibility to build a very private swimming pool in the back garden and there is already an annex, fully restored, currently used as a storage, which may be used as a changing room for the pool.
A second annex is used as a garage and it may also be useful as a second storage.
Although just 400 mts from the main road and 2 kms away from the town centre, silence is all around and the only sound you can hear, is that of rustling leaves. The house can’t be seen from the main road, which is a further guarantee of privacy.
This property is a good investment both as a private home and as a rental property: there are many interesting places that can be reached from Potenza Picena in just a few kilometres. The Adriatic Sea and beaches are only 4 kms away. On the opposite side, many ski resorts can be reached in less than one hours’ drive. The Conero Park and the amazing beaches of Sirolo (the pearl of the Adriatic sea) are just 18 kms away. In the surroundings you can visit many Medieval villages, some of them officially listed amongst the most beautiful villages in Italy. The beautiful shrine of Loreto, attracting pilgrims from all over the world, can be reached in just 15 minutes by car.
You can have all you need and a great beauty at your fingertips, you just have to grab it!
Energy Efficiency Rating certificate: ordered
- PROPERTY: Country House
- SIZE: 190
- ROOMS: 10
- BEDROOMS: 4
- BATHROOMS: 3
- LAND / GARDEN: 3.650 sq. m.
- GARAGE: Yes (56 sq. m.)
- SWIMMING POOL: No
- ANNEXES: 2
- CONDITION: Excellent
- POSITION: Hill
- CITY / TOWN: Potenza Picena
- PROVINCE: Macerata
- REGION: Marche
- ACCESS: White Road
- ELECTRICITY: Yes
- WATER: Yes
- TELEPHONE: No
- INTERNET: No
- GAS: Yes
- HEATING: Yes
- Disable Friendly: No
First shops: 1,8 kms
Town centre: 2 kms
Beach: 4 kms
Recanati: 11 kms
Loreto: 12 kms
A14 Motorway: 13 kms
Sirolo and Conero Park: 18 kms
Ancona (centre and port): 37 kms
Airport of Ancona-Falconara: 47 kms
About the area
Potenza Picena is a medieval village, also known as Monte Santo (Holy Hill), for its being very rich of Churches. It is said that there were 27 in the past, in such a small town! The center of the town is surrounded by its original medieval walls; walking along its narrow streets, you can experience the atmosphere of a typical, traditional village in region Marche, where, as Christopher Solomon from the New York Times said, you can still feel “Italian-ness”.
In Potenza Picena, every year in September, a great event is organized: Grappolo d’Oro, the wine festival celebrating the grape harvesting. For a few days, the town centre is closed to traffic, old shops are open and people wearing typical clothes show you how they worked and lived during the Middle ages. In the main square, along the alleys and other corners, tables with food and wine are set and thousands people celebrate the new wine.
4 kms away, you can find Porto Potenza Picena, which is part of the Comune of Potenza Picena, but close to the sea. Here you can enjoy your summer along the beach. As a beach resort, Porto Potenza Picena is perfect for families and adults, while young people prefer reaching Civitanova Marche or Porto Recanati, which are just 5 kms away.
Nice to see in the surroundings:
Sirolo and the Conero Park: with its wild nature and amazing beaches, it's a unique place, which will fill your eyes with beauty
Recanati: the beautiful medieval village, home town of Romantic poet Giacomo Leopardi
Loreto: the Italian Lourdes, thanks to its famous sanctuary of the Black Madonna.
Macerata: a medieval town, with University and a beautiful open-air arena, called Sferisterio, where every summer Opera and other cultural events take place.
Civitanova Marche: the fulcrum of business, commerce and tourism.
Ascoli Piceno: It is one of the most beautiful medieval towns in region Marche, with an amazing square, that other towns in Italy envy and where, in August, the Giostra della Quintana (a famous medieval reenactment) takes place.
Abbadia di Fiastra: The Abbey of Chiaravalle di Fiastra is one of the best preserved Cistercian abbeys in Italy.
Genga: a nice town, better known for its Caves, known as the Frasassi Caves, that you can visit daily.